Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (looktall), 4,249 guests, and 517 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 19
Novice
I recently acquired an old Supa Swift mower which I believe is powered by a 150cc Villiers 2 stroke engine.

I saw an old post for a Supa Swift which sounds identical to mine. The mower has a gold coloured alloy base, the engine cowl is red in colour with the word "Fairmont" and the wind up "impact" starter is missing. The engine is all alloy with an Amal carby and the engine mount at the bottom of the crankcase is triangular.

The numbers stamped on the crankcase are A10117 and 1013X11789. I remember these engines when I was a teenager in the 70's. The second piston ring is broken, so I am looking for a new set. I don't think it has an oversized piston, however I can remove the barrel and measure to be sure.

Can anyone tell me if this is a Villiers engine and where I can get parts?

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,926
Likes: 11
Pushrod Honda preferrer
***
If it is the same as the one I had PeCo, it is indeed a Villiers engine. I don't know about the 150 cc, mine had a rather small bore and very little power. Rather a sweet little engine, easy to start, but it used up two magnetos (coil breakdown) and the lack of power was annoying.

I put new rings in mine just by buying a set from the nearest mower shop, but that was years ago. They may not stock them by now. I broke the impact starter spring relatively recently (about 5 years ago) and bought a second hand one from a mower wrecker. Unfortunately the second magneto gave out about a year later and I scrapped the mower, with a sigh of relief.

If you can't get rings any other way, you could try a mower wrecker. Some of them have quite a lot of knowledge of which engines can, by sheer luck, be serviced by parts made for other engines.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 19
Novice
Thanks for the info. I put the cylinder back on and I was surprised how much compression it has with just the top ring on the piston. I haven't had the magneto off yet and it has a fairly good spark. I may be able to use one of my Victa impact starters or perhaps put a pulley on it. I picked up this mower in a group of 3 on eBay but I was really only interested in the Victa Utility model 509 (1963-64). I must say that I am impressed with the design of the Supa Swift chassis which is much better than Victa's of the same period.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Novice
just given a supaswift mower with the kirby motor compete and running if you want it then it is yours for i saved it from the scrappers
All the details that you asked about it has so i only know little about this mower
if you are interested i also have a 64/65 victa with the pulse starter i think it might be the consul 2 not sure about this mower but it runs just needs the throttle cable to complete it

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
just given a supaswift mower with the kirby motor compete and running if you want it then it is yours for i saved it from the scrappers
All the details that you asked about it has so i only know little about this mower
if you are interested i also have a 64/65 victa with the pulse starter i think it might be the consul 2 not sure about this mower but it runs just needs the throttle cable to complete it


Hi There

Do you still heve these??

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Novice
yes still have both mowers and sorry for the slow reply have system problems so ring me if you would like the mowers PH 0423443216 any time

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Novice


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo, bloge
18,150 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1