Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3,045 guests, and 2,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#99773 19/07/19 01:03 AM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
G'day Jack,

"The thing is, the only patent I have found of the Bosclip dates to January,
1979. Joe Boseley is not stated as the inventor, but he was the patent
applicant for an addition to a patent."

Thanks for the Bosclip History Jack ,great work , I found a few Patents that may be of interest.

Cheers
Max.

Attachments
Joseph James Boseley.png (20.74 KB, 40 downloads)
Inventor.png (23.53 KB, 40 downloads)
Inventor 1.png (20.9 KB, 40 downloads)
Inventor 2.png (16.33 KB, 41 downloads)
1961011198.png (24.46 KB, 41 downloads)
1963026348.png (62.18 KB, 40 downloads)
A 1963026348.png (47.99 KB, 40 downloads)
Portal Box 6
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hi Max
Many thanks for the great research Max!!!
All of these will be useful for the record.

I still have a way to go with the Bosclip article.
They made another electric lawnmower ... and more pillows ... grin

Cheers
------------------------
Jack

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
My issue with this company is I really can't recall it, they must have only had small advertising program, I sort of recall the name but nothing sticks out, maybe I'm confusing it with Bostik adhesives from the same era

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
G'day Norm
I would say that Bosclip was a poor-man's Breville.

Breville is a true success story.
Bosclip was much more 'niche market' and probably lacked capital
to do better in the public's mind. I have described them as a survivor...

I remember the Bosclip edger and trimmer, and I remember the
Bosclip Boomerang pillow. I guess the pillow stuck in my mind
because it was - well - silly looking. grin

I don't think the Boomerang inspired stealth aircraft technology though ...

My interest in Bosclip is really about remembering the forgotten.
I think I did a fair job there.

... and Max continues to keep me honest.

Cheers
---------------------
Jack

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 385
Likes: 17
Apprentice level 4
I've enjoyed this read, never knew about this.

Thanks Jack.


I don't collect mowers. I just require Multiple Mowing Solutions™.
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Bosclip mower on eBay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/403644362416?hash=item5dfb142eb0:g:o3AAAOSwm99idf7K&frcectupt=true

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/99769/re-bosclip-company-c1950s.html

Attachments
$ a a a Bosclip mow.jpg (104.63 KB, 8 downloads)
$ a a a Bosclip Mower.jpg (96.41 KB, 8 downloads)
$ a a a 1982_11_smh_14november_p.jpg (208.09 KB, 5 downloads)

Moderated by  Alan M, CyberJack, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1