Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,416 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Novice
Hi,

Is there an easy way to remove the front roller bracket?

Having read through most posts on here it seems to me I pretty much have to strip down the entire mower to remove the bracket. Is this correct? Obviously I would like to avoid having to do so if there is an easier way.

I have removed the height adjuster and the outer bolts and washers. As the bracket passes through the side walls of the frame that's as far as I have got.

Thanks for the help and thanks to the mods for such a great forum.

Edit: Sorry I may have put this question in the wrong section.

Last edited by Horace; 17/02/19 10:42 AM.
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Novice
Never mind I just found this post https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...nnar-rover-45-engine-deck.html#Post38733

Once everything was undone I just used a screwdriver to slightly leaver the side panel out to let the bracket fall away. Should have done that last week really.

Cheers

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Hi Horace,

Sadly there's no easy way around this. You have to upset the whole dynamics of the mower to do this.

Removing the two sole plate attaching bolts and undoing the RH side reel bearing cap will allow enough flex in the side plate to do this without inflicting any damage to the chassis. I've always maintained there should've been a smarter way of designing the front roller frame but the Model 45 was never to be a greenkeepers machine, rather it was always designed with easy of production assembly in the first instance and taking into account it was merely a domestic mower. It's just that all of us have now put this machine up on a much higher plane than what the factory ever meant it to be.

Cheers,
BB.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Novice
@Bonnar_Bloke thanks for that. That's pretty much what I thought too.

I've just reassembled it and as you've mentioned undoing the RHS reel bearing cap gave me enough flex to refit it without having to bend the chassis sides.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
It's just if you undo the sole plate it gives the chassis side plate a longer section to flex over rather than putting more stress over a shorter length.

cheers,
BB


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1