Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
4 members (QSR, Red Rum, aitchey, Dandare), 2,676 guests, and 1,746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#92273 30/07/18 10:52 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I am after an Ariens self propelled mower so that I can get hold of the drive assembly so I can attempt to build a self propelled mower for a mate of mine and use one of his Honda motors on it. He is rough on his equipment and the fragile Honda gearboxes just are not strong enough for him. The Ariens drive fitted with a Honda motor would be the best combination I can think of. Any other thoughts?

Portal Box 6
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 86
Trainee
Hi Norm
I have a Ariens 21inch self propelled mower with a Kawasaki motor on it that I picked up from a Kerb collection the frame and the motor were fine but the gear box had to have every bearing replaced and I felt that they were all possibly a bit small for the job being asked of them and they were rather expensive. I did repair it though and still have it as after advertising it I could not sell it for what it cost me in parts. Its just a thought to consider.


If it don't go its not good.
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi exfarmer, the one I have had some involvement with only had the external fiber gears, I guess a few bearings in there and the pulley from the belt has a couple of bearings, I had to replace those from memory. I can't imaging replacing those would go close to replacing the under-designed, fragile 3 speed Honda gear box. If you were closer I would grab it in a heartbeat. My grandson is using his great grandfathers in his mowing business and loves it.


Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,807
Members18,135
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1