Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2,709 guests, and 1,982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 08:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 07:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 06:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#91386 09/05/18 06:23 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Novice
I have a couple of questions re Scott Bonnar 45 models.
Firstly I'm wondering what is the purpose of the fibre washer that goes next to the clutch thrust pad. I have a brass thrust pad and was thinking of turning up a brass washer and using that instead of the fibre washer. Is that a good idea?
Secondly I've looked at the Outdoorking online store and I can't find the plastic boot that goes on the bearing housing end of the clutch shaft. Can anyone tell me if it's available as a part. Also is it needed if I use a sealed bearing.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Portal Box 6
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Hi Bob,

The washer takes the friction so that the two metal parts don't wear against each other. I'd stick with the fibre unit opposed to making up another metal component.

As far as I'm aware the rubber boot is not available as a spare, but if you are using a sealed non self centering bearing you won't really need one. It is preferable to have one to keep water out but if they aren't available then what's really your option ?

Cheers,
BB.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,140
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1