Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4,643 guests, and 1,627 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#90423 11/03/18 11:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Novice
Hi all After picking up both a Kirby Tecumseh KAV 74 and Victa Series 70 mk 3 160 Utility rotary mowers recently I naturally started looking around the internet for info about these two mowers. Links to ODK featured quite regularly in my searches and then the penny dropped , I'm sure I joined this forum a while ago. Tried a username and the "forget password" link..... jackpot.. I joined in 2012 and just got a bit distracted until now :confused: :grin: Anyway I have found some very helpful info on the forum on both these mowers and I will upload some photos of them soon. gnomester

Portal Box 6
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Novice
a couple of pics....

Attachments
kirby001.JPG (34.17 KB, 15 downloads)
victa001.JPG (31.93 KB, 15 downloads)
Last edited by gnomester; 12/03/18 12:46 PM.
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Quote
Links to ODK featured quite regularly in my searches and then the penny dropped , I'm sure I joined this forum a while ago.
Hello gnomester
That's an unusual user name ... smile

That 'the penny dropped' is a great turn of phrase -
almost forgotten now.

ODK has a transient population, but it's nice to see a prodigal son.
The KAV 74 needs to be better documented - given its contribution.

We look forward to you continuing your story.

All the best.
--------------------------
Jack


Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Novice
I had been hoping to stumble across any Victa series 70 mowers at the right price when the KAV 74 just appeared and my gut told me I had to give it a home. The Victa Utility popped up a week later and so now I have two projects. I don't know if it is a bitza but the KAV baseplate has a 2" crack on the right hand side which is not hidden by the over zealous green paint job that differs from a few flakes of red on the motor mount and some yellow poking through the impulse starter handle. I can't see any markings that would identify a product brand but I'll have a closer look at this one sometime in the next few weeks.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj
18,146 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,147
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1