Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 2,159 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 98
Trainee
Hello all I have a friend who asked me today ( as he was cleaning out his shed) whether i wanted his old reel lawnmower so I brought it home with me for companionship for my austral villers. It is (Ibelive) a scottbonnar model 33 with a Kirby techmush ejngine. I think it is late 60s early 70s and it goes quite well for it's age. Here are some pictures of it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


Yesterday is history
Tommorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That is why it is called the present.
Portal Box 6
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hi Hermosil

Yes, the famous Model 33. A nice machine.

I love the serial number - 07777
Perhaps this one was OHMS? laugh
It would be early to mid 1960s. It cannot be 1970s.
This is not a Model 33 Lawn King.

There appears to be an agent's sticker on the tank ...?
I hope she gets on well with the A-V.

Cheers
-----------------
Jack

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 98
Trainee
I agree with you Cybber jJack it being early to mid 1960s . I have started painting it and thought I'd take off the side cover (after reading other posts about the modell 33 having chains or belts ). Mine has 2 chains and a belt that is on its last legs!!!. Just as well I checked it. Looks like I will be sourcing a new belt for it. Here are some more pictures. Whilst the cover is off should I put grease on the chains ?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


Yesterday is history
Tommorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That is why it is called the present.
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 98
Trainee
Hello all a small update. I picked up a belt from Gardener bearings and fitted it and it works quite well now.


Yesterday is history
Tommorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That is why it is called the present.
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Hermosil

Thanks for the update!
Can you assist members with a belt brand/number?

The Model 33 was made in both belt/chain and all-chain transmissions.
The belt/chain drives gave superior protection to the reel.

---------------------
Jack

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 98
Trainee
Hello Cyber Jack the belt brand is Skf A31 I hope that this helps.


Yesterday is history
Tommorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That is why it is called the present.
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hi Hermosil

Yes, many thanks.
That could prove useful to present and future Model 33 owners.

--------------------
Jack

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 98
Trainee
Thanks for that CyberJack. another update. The fuel tap was leaking when I got the mower so I thought I better fix it. I found that a standard victa two stroke tap would do the trick, so another problem solved. smile


Yesterday is history
Tommorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That is why it is called the present.
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Hi Hermosil,

What have you done with the original brass unit that you removed ?

Cheers,
BB.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 98
Trainee
Hello Bonnar bloke I have put the original brass one aside for now it needs new o rings do you want it I also have one off an old qualcast Suffolk mower that I dont need. It also leaks you can have that too if you want it.


Yesterday is history
Tommorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That is why it is called the present.
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Hi Hermosil,

If that's possible that would be fantastic as they would go well with some of the Kirby's that I have and want to get back to original opposed to the plastic Victa type taps they have on them.

I'll send you a PM.

Cheers,
BB.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92, sofini23
18,144 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1