Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2,709 guests, and 1,982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 08:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 07:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 06:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#82133 01/02/17 04:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 10
Novice
Ok guys relatively new too actually caring about my grass. I have got a tall fescue turf in my back yard but the front are buffalo and weeds pretty much. I want to renovate them and get some decent grass out the front as well. I was looking at a couch but I'm just not a big fan of how dormant it gets in winter especially with how much frost we get here.

I was thinking of maybe going with a dwarf fescue or something similar, just wondering what your thoughts were. I don't necessarily want to mow it super low but would like some nice stripes from the Scott Bonnar.

Cheers

Portal Box 6
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Siimmo

This is a question I would love to hear the experts address.

There seems to be so much puffery out there by grass suppliers.
Naturally, the grass should suit your needs and location.

So ... what's the best grass for Shepparton, Victoria for a
quality striped lawn (using a Scott Bonnar)?

-------------------------
Jack

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
I'd say a dwarf Kikuyu will suit you best and you can keep it rather short.

Cheers,
BB.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 18
Novice
Also called Eureka Kikuyu

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 10
Novice
Thanks guys


Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,140
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1