Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (danj), 2,157 guests, and 2,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#78736 16/10/16 05:53 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 46
Novice
If I had a dollar for every person who tells me you can't make Kyk look good, I'd be rich.

Granted, spring had hardly hit here in W.A with cold days and night and rainy days being seemingly endless, however, I'm happy with how it looks with all things considered. This is only one section of it. I have roughly 400sqm of the stuff. Come toward the end of summer and a huge part of me cannot wait until winter so I don't have to mow it as often lol

It's nothing special compared to some of the couch and bentgrass that gets around on here, but given it's what was here when I moved in back in 2009 and was at knee height tall - I'm a happy chappy (never mind the dog's urine spots - they'll be a thing of the past when it warms up)

[Linked Image from s19.postimg.org]

Portal Box 6
Chris86 #78741 16/10/16 06:49 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 693
Qualified Senior
I grew up with Kyk as our lawns and Dad kept them immaculate with just a push mower. After many many years they did become too spongy and the brother in law bought his Victa over and gave it all a really severe haircut and it was back in tip top shape in no time. Only things I hated about it as a kid, it made you as itchy as hell to roll around on it and it was a haven for mosquitoes to hide out in waiting to pounce on you on a Summer evening.

Chris86 #78743 16/10/16 08:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 88
Trainee
Nice work Chris!

When maintained (and contained) properly, Kikuyu can be a beautiful lawn. Since my father-in-waw retired a cou[le of years back, he has been mowing his kikuyu 3 times a week. It looks beautiful!

Chris86 #79143 08/11/16 05:54 AM
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 5
Novice
Kikuyu is great,

When I was doing my Green keepers cert, I went to a baseball field in Sydney, the diamond was Kikuyu, cut once a day with a reel mower, and in playing season twice a day.
The blade was so fine, it was so hard to recognise it was Kikuyu.
It was in my thoughts, probably the best sports playing surfaces I have ever seen

Bucko


Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Jason92, sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D
18,141 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1