Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 9,758 guests, and 1,684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
I recently acquired an old Scott Bonnar reel mower ( I bet there are a lot of posts that start this way) the plate on the mower says it is a 45 21502 the motor is a Tecumseh Kirby. The motor is in reasonable condition and runs but the carbie/governor set up is a mess Can anyone send me a photo or two of the correct set up or preferably a diagram?

I have tried adding a photo but can't work it out


Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
Ok here are a couple of photos
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Hello,

What are your intentions with this mower ?


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 310
Likes: 1
Apprentice level 4
Here ya go, Hope it helps.. [Linked Image]


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


Regards,
Paul

Such is life.......
Nothing better than a "GreenField" just mowed..
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
I have a ride on mower and I want to use the Scott Bonnar to mow the parts of my lawn that I can't reach with the ride on. After a clean up I got it running much to the surprise of my grandson who kept saying "its not going to start Pops" When I got it there was a small strip of metal attached to the plate on the top of the throttle shaft and the this was attached to the lever on the governor. I am guessing that this was not an original part. By the look of photos I have seen it looks like the governor should be attached from the left not the right am I correct?

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
From these photos it looks like the governor rod should come in from the left not the right as it is on my machine. Looks like I need another lever and a couple of springs.
Thanks for the photos


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj
18,146 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,147
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1