Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (MowingManiac, DavidMac), 2,670 guests, and 1,921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#77155 15/08/16 02:31 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Apprentice level 4
So I had a GMC with a chonda dropped off on Thursday - wont run (nothing unusual about that).

Quoted him $30 for a carby clean and set to work.

I should say at this point that I've been in bed with the man flu for a week so I can't smell anything so when I took the carb apart I was astonished. It was oily and green inside. I thought someone had used a strong 2 stroke mix in it. Long story short the mower now runs fine but it wasn't until I was cleaning the chassis down (Using diesel as a degreaser) that I noticed the diesel in my can was bright green. Could it be that someone had tried diesel in the mower? No point asking the owner - they're not going to admit it.

This is a first for me - anyone else had this come up before?

Pete

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Never heard of it in a mower but no reason why it couldn't happen, easy for somebody to fill up their mower can with diesel. I suggest you tell the owner to empty out their mower can unless you want another $30 because the next time they fill the mower it will happen again. Rest assured if they got a 4 litre can of fuel they will have only filled the mower tank once laugh


Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1