Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 5,011 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
Hi all,

New here so please bear with me.
I have a colt 8 I picked up recently, that yesterday after getting the motor running I did some cutting with. But today I started the motor and went to cut some grass, I pushed the lever to engage the cutting deck forward but it did not cut, found that the belt was off so I put that back on, then tried to cut but it did not seem to engage the deck fully. I had a look underneath and there was a piece of rubber barely sitting near the base of the linkage shaft from the where it goes through the mounting point that will swing that whole undercarriage(?) that the cutting deck hangs off. I also then found a bigger piece of that rubber on the ground. Seems like a rubber bush about 40ml dia. 15ml thick. I called Bruce at his shop, and he kindly looked on the parts catalogue, but said there was no rubber showing at that point, only two adjusting nuts, one either side of the mounting point that the linkage shaft goes through.

My Question is... does anyone know about a rubber bush at that mounting point? or would you think this is possibly something someone has added at some point in time?

I have taken some photos that I will endeavour to upload (but I think I have to do that after I post this question, right?)

Cheers in advance.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Colt8er

Yes, we need some images for guidance.
No, you can post images with any question.

For information on uploading images click HERE.

Hope this helps
------------------------
Jack


Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
Thanks Jack,

You can see there are two large washers top side on the shaft, I think the rubber was between them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Colt8er

Yes, the rubber buffer (19) sits between the flat washers (41).
The buffer part number is A05383.

I suggest you chat with the ODK Store to see whether that part is available.

Hope this helps.
------------------------
Jack

[Linked Image]

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Colt8 & Jack,

That part is no longer available from the supplier, maybe he could try clark rubber and make one himself. cheers2


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
The top rubber from a car shock absorber should do the job

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,842
Likes: 14
Moderator
Originally Posted by NormK
The top rubber from a car shock absorber should do the job
Yep, I'd suspect that's just what Rover has used.

Should be easy enough to find something in this listing http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/steering-and-suspension/suspension-bushes.html

Your local Repco, Bursons etc. will be able to get them by the Mackay Rubber part number given. Or just take the old one in as a sample.


Cheers,
Gadge

"ODK Mods can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you..."

"Crazy can be medicated, ignorance can be educated - but there is no cure for stupid..."
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
Thank you Jack,

The drawing and all your effort to help is very much appreciated.


Regards,
Colt8er

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4
Novice
Thanks also to Bruce and the others.


Moderated by  Mr Davis, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1