Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 2,159 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
Trainee
I've lost drive to the drum. Appears the clutch cork is worn out and oily. I'm not sure if I can buy a replacement cork or if I need to manufacture one myself. Have attached photos. Also how do I remove the clutch plate. I have slightly pulled it out but then I expose a ring of uncontaminated ball bearings. Or do I undo the Centre nut and extract it as a whole trying to keep it all contained which I don't think will work as I have to remove the old cork.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello ballarinerlawns

We don't often get posts on A-V Everymans.

I do not believe anyone stocks parts anymore.
I lost the thread after A-V Power Mowers of North Road,
East Bentleigh took over manufacture of the old Austral Villiers.
The records I have end in the late 1980s. So you will have to
re-manufacture from cork sheet.
Quote
... Or do I undo the Centre nut and extract it as a whole trying to keep it all contained which I don't think will work as I have to remove the old cork.
I suspect the clutch is secured by a stub axle. It may be you
have to put the machine on its side to contain the bearings.

Hope this helps.
------------------------
Jack

[Linked Image]


Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,842
Likes: 14
Moderator
G'day folks,

The design of that clutch appears very similar to the one on the Atco Deluxe shown in this YouTube vid:
[video]
[/video]

So yes, you will have to be prepared to deal with loose bearing balls, if that's the case. A catch container, and a soft surface [say an old hessian bag] underneath are both good ideas. Steel balls will bounce incredible distances if they're dropped on a hard surface...

To get them back in, you just use a non-melting grease [e.g. Castrol HTB] to stick them into the outer race.

There is a firm called 'Precision Hytec' in Highett, Vic who make a few cork mower clutch linings - no website, but they have a FleaBay store HERE . Their contact details are in some of those listings. They could also supply suitable cork sheet. No first-hand knowledge of them, but their prices look pretty good.


Cheers,
Gadge

"ODK Mods can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you..."

"Crazy can be medicated, ignorance can be educated - but there is no cure for stupid..."

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92, sofini23
18,144 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1