Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Ken Hobbo), 3,233 guests, and 2,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#72166 03/02/16 09:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 33
Novice
Hi Guys,

I recently picked up a non running MCA201G and have been doing a complete teardown and rebuild (a bit of a side project).
It's in very good condition, but it seems like the previous owner tried to play around with the carb and has cracked a little bit off the edge of the carb where the end cap fits on. So the diaphram isn't sealing properly and there is an air leak.

I tried to seal the leak using some Loctite RTV gasket, but the issue seems to be caused by the diaphram not being seated properly.

So.... I was hoping that someone had a good condition body lying around that wasn't going to kill the overall cost of the rebuild.

Any advice is also welcome.

Cheers,
Mark

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Apprentice level 4
Hi mate,

Plenty of used carbs out there. Have a look on Gumtree for blokes who are selling a number of mowers. Most of these guys will have a huge amount of spares in their shed. I'm in Adelaide so it's a bit difficult otherwise I'd just give you one. Shouldn't cost more than $10. If you can't get one for $10 or less yell out and I will post you one - just cover postage and it's yours.

Pete

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 33
Novice
Thanks for the response mate.

I've had a couple of PMs, and have reached out to a local home repair guy that has one, so I'll see how that goes.

It's been a good learning experience, I just don't want to blow out the costs.

I'm still interested in a local Sydney based carb body so please let me know if anyone has a spare out there.

Thanks
Mark

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 33
Novice
Update:
I have picked up a carb body and rebuilt my carby.

Thanks Guys.


Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1