Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5,944 guests, and 1,935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 60
Trainee
Well I have got around to clean up this old girl, still not the prettiest but it is going to be a working mower.The thing is to finish it I am in need of a couple of springs that hold the fuel tank on.The one's that came with it were stretched so far that the previous owner had them wrapped around the handle to hold the fuel tank on.I have had a look around and the only spring's I have found come with a pound sign in front of the price.Any Idea's?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 715
Likes: 1
seanw
i have some advise that probably wont go down to well with the purist. make your own and cover it with black plastic hose the same size
i made one with an occy strap then put crome brade on it
yess it was a bit too much


motorwannabe
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 269
Likes: 3
Apprentice level 3
hey wotz, i should have some new ones of those, i'll have a look tomorrow


I always come back to an Echo
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 60
Trainee
It does'nt need to be as it was seanw it has no historical value (yet)I was going to make up a full carrier for it but thanks to gas bottle fees I have had to put my oxy set on unpaid leave,which mean's no steel bending.thanks squizzy I will wait and see what you come up with.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,374
know nothing
me too yeah , i wrecked a couple a few years ago , seen a tank kicking about the place so i think i have springs too maybe , same deal i'll look tomorrow but if you work out a better way ? they were a bugger for cracking tanks as the were mounted so tight and vibrations im sure didnt help matters much

Last edited by vccomm; 14/11/15 09:03 AM.
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 715
Likes: 1
seanw
give it some love man
[Linked Image]


motorwannabe
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 60
Trainee
Thank's vccomm.This mower should of ended up on the scrap heap to it had been stripped apart and it's parts were put on another little victa.A bit of an underdog which is why a gave it a bit of lovin' cry wow seanw I had spray gun explode on me too when I drpped it on the concrete shocked

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,374
know nothing
lol now play nice with seanw , he means well and doesnt leave it in long grass . and uses a screwdriver for a regulator eek

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 715
Likes: 1
seanw
wotwaz. it is a great mower nice and wide worth nothing but the fact that you can do the lawn in half the time.
just my opinion
I use mine for woodchipping.
strong mower mate dont underestimate it
yours looks nice though


motorwannabe
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 60
Trainee
That's what I was thinking seanw.I put this one together cause I mow a couple of older lady's places around the area (charity)and they mostly have acerage with a house yard not really big enough for my ride on, but too much pushing for a normal mower.It is'nt self propelled and isn't light either as you would know, hence why I put on the new wheels. I thought I would get it rolling nicer coz I ain't getting any younger.As usual probably spent a bit much but the deck should outlast my supply of power torque's wink

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Originally Posted by wotwozthat
Well I have got around to clean up this old girl, still not the prettiest but it is going to be a working mower.The thing is to finish it I am in need of a couple of springs that hold the fuel tank on.The one's that came with it were stretched so far that the previous owner had them wrapped around the handle to hold the fuel tank on.I have had a look around and the only spring's I have found come with a pound sign in front of the price.Any Idea's?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


The part number for the spring is EN72015A just place it into the search box at the top of the forum. cheers2


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 60
Trainee
Oh, retaining spring never would of looked for that thanks heaps Bruce blush

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 60
Trainee
Thanks for the help fellas I orded some "retaining springs" and all should be good now. grin


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Fleshtuxcedo, bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona
18,147 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,148
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1