Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Buckets), 4,658 guests, and 1,711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14
All Offline
Novice
Numbers don't mean much to me Greg. The pleasure of getting a seized engine out of a "lay down yard", stripping it down and restoring it is what I thrive on. I send them on their way when I get them running and go look for more. That's why none of the ones I'm restoring ATM look pretty, besides I like them in their "working clothes".

The reason I prefer open crank horizontals is that there is much more going on that is visible. Not just two flywheels spinning. eek

All

Portal Box 6
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 346
Likes: 3
Apprentice level 4
I agree whole heartedly. Open cranks are so much more appealing, hence the extra $$. If I could, I'd have one myself.

I'm a member of the Wedderburn Historic Engine and Machinery society, (WHEMS), here in Victoria. I put up a thread about a rally in Warracknabeal, Victoria, over the Easter weekend. It's usually a pretty good turnout, been there the last 4 years.

Last edited by Greg Holmes; 22/03/12 09:07 PM.
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14
All Offline
Novice
I belong to the NQMP club in North Queensland. I'll be going to Biloela later this year and hopefully to the National next year in Mudgee. See ya there. grin

All

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,362
Likes: 11
Administrator - Master Technician
****
Hi to All, as this thread is complete and over 3 months old, I will now close it...If any member has anything to add, please PM a moderator. wink
cheers2


Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin


Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alan M, Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Fleshtuxcedo, bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona
18,147 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,148
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1