Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3,045 guests, and 2,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 12
Novice
Hi all,

In 1992 I bought a two stroke Victa Commando Silver streak and using it since then without any problems (15 years!). I have about 800 sqm lawn and mow it once in two weeks in summermonths.

I am impressed with its alloy base which looks brand new and like to keep it for long time to come. I have never taken this mower to any mower shop for service so far, however, I clean, the mower, replace once a year spark plug, blades and air filter and never had a problem with this mower except occational dirty plug or blocked fuel cap ventilation etc.

As it is a long time in service, I want to get this mower fully serviced so that it is returned to original condition to give a good performance to me in the future.

I am wondering what are the parts I should get replaced? I see that the wheels are wornout, the fuel pipe has become hard and needs replacement. Can some expert suggest what are the parts I need to get replaced so that the mower continue to perform good. I also like to know the approximate cost for full overhaul of the mower including the cost for the various parts. I will then decide whether to buy a new mower or get this one fully serviced.

Thanks in advance


Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
K8Canb,

The cost of wheels would be about $25-00 each, fuel line about $5-00. To do an overhaul of the motor you would be looking at around the $250-00 mark plus the wheels. :Wavey:

For a general service on your mower the cost is usually around the $130-00 range. cheers2


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 12
Novice
Thanks for the reply Bruce, The total cost of $100 for wheels and engine ovehaul $250 comes to $350, I think that is a lot of money to spend on a old mower. May be I will just change the wheels and just continue maintain as I have done for the last 15 years and use the mower until its useful life.

Are there any new Victa mowers with alloy base like Victa Commando Slverstreak?

Thanks again for your reply.

K8Canb


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1