Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (MowingManiac, DavidMac), 2,670 guests, and 1,921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#5618 07/03/07 12:44 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Novice
Hi all. I'd appreciate any feedback.

I have a Victa Sabre 2-stroke mower which suddenly became hard to start. Pulling the start cord kept blowing out the plastic nozzle on the decompressor. I thought it was just loose, so I clamped the nozzle to the decompressor using bailing wire. I was then able to get the thing started. Halfway through mowing the lawn, the nozzle blew out and got permanently lost in tall grass. Also the vacuum hose had melted.

After the mower had cooled down, I removed the decompressor and inspected it. I found I am able to blow straight through it when the valve is pressed in. Is this normal? As a vacuum operated device, it should be sealed on the vacuum hose side, shouldn't it?

Where can I buy a replacement decompressor, a vacuum nozzle, and a vacuum hose?

Recycler #5620 07/03/07 08:16 AM
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Recycler,

You should be able to buy what you need from any mower shop as they are normal stock items. The decompressor should only cost about $20-00 + and the hose about $4-00 +. cheers2


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Recycler #5621 08/03/07 12:16 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
Novice
Hi,
I bought a decompessor for my victa today that suffered the same symptoms. However from my local Victa GoldDealer in sydney it cost $41-00!

Uncle Grumpy #5622 08/03/07 12:32 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Novice
Thanks Bruce. I bought a decompressor ($35) and the mower now runs very nicely.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1