Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Olqualcast), 3,928 guests, and 2,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Novice
Look out folks! I found a live red back nest with one live female and her eggs under the base of a mower where I had just put my hand to lift the mower. A trap for young players. Cheers. rockon bigshock

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
I am used to them, I find them in cowlings also.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 16
Novice
Just Make sure you are wearing gloves, if you have to move the bases around. Doesn't hurt also if you spray underneath the bases & the crowlings with surface spray to reduce the nestings either.

David.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Stripped a Villiers C12-01-01 today and there was the whole family of redbacks inside, obviously they got lost looking for the toilet seat. Redbacks love Mowers too.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,362
Likes: 11
Administrator - Master Technician
****
Ha ha! good1 BB...The little blighters love anywhere quiet and undisturbed....gloves are the go, that's for sure!
cheers


Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin


Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
As I always say beware of the Essendon players hiding in dark places when pulling things apart. LOL !

Cheers,
BB


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 289
Likes: 2
Apprentice level 3
I used to get redbacks (and plenty of other spiders) in my shed and garage when I was living in Adelaide but since moving up to QLD I get almost zero spiders. I assume the geckos take care of em up here.


Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Fleshtuxcedo, bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona
18,147 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,148
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1