Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Bruce), 4,169 guests, and 1,588 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#47666 26/07/13 02:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 336
Apprentice level 4
Hi everyone, I have a little chainsaw I picked up at the recycle centre about 8 months ago for a hefty price of $15 this included a good 4 stroke mower chucked in with it. Upon pulling it apart I discovered that the fuel line was split right where it went into the tank, so before I found outdoorking I had a go at fixing it .I managed to get it going after new fuel hose , carby clean and new spark plug. This little chainsaw has plenty of grunt and the noise to go with it.
I would like to know a little about it, partner on one side and frontier on the other so is this made up of two saws or is this normal? It also has a button that appears to prime oil onto the bar/chain, so was this designed so if you were cutting wood are you ment to hold the button down? It's missing an on and off switch but if I can find one I will have ago at installing it and that should make it complete. How old and who made these?cheers. It won't let me upload picture, it's not letting me change out of html. It says in the left hand corner HTML is enabled.UBBCode is disabled. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Can you also tell me what cc's please.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 301
Likes: 2
Apprentice level 4
Can't really comment without seeing the model but they are both companies which manufacture out of Canada.

The oil button near the handle is a pump action set up, just like an old oil can. If you fill the oil reservoir and remove the bar and chain, give the button a push or two and you'll see the oil squirt out. I have never run one but I am trying to sort out an old Pioneer and it has the old oil pump button. Throws out a bit of oil too. Probably every five seconds or so I would guess depending on what your were cutting too.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 336
Apprentice level 4
Gday aldot, all I could find was a serial no.AV 55099 cheersand thanks to whom got my pictures up.

Last edited by roebuck; 26/07/13 04:20 PM.
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 523
Likes: 1
Qualified Senior
I have a old homlite thats has the oil buttton. But mine automatically pumps the oil still but the button is for extra if needed :-)

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 336
Apprentice level 4
Thanks aldot and chris, any idea what cc"s it might be as it has 34 on the side but not sure if lt has anything to do with it .

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 301
Likes: 2
Apprentice level 4
Hi Roebuck. 34.4ccs seems to be the mark for most of the Frontier range of saws. Here are some pages for you to peruse.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...c8c9c1f8a6388256b79004f654c?OpenDocument

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...f9146964fcf88256aff00176501?OpenDocument


Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 336
Apprentice level 4
Thanks aldot, so it's got a little bit of age atached to it and I might have a switch for it soon ,the thing that I found different was the fuel tank split in half with a gasket in between. That's the only way I could see how to replace the fuel line,and then the whole thing comes apart and you can pretty much inspect the engine a,ll over . Thanks for those sites I'll bookmark them for future reference ,great stuff and take care.


Moderated by  Bruce, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1