Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 9,758 guests, and 1,684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
Hi guys

My trusty old T8 runs great in reverse but not forward...its slipping. Time to resurface the clutch plate. I have a few questions as its my first time...I haven't said that in a few years. .lol anyway where can I get discs of cork precut for my mower and what type / brand of glue should I use?

Aussie280

Last edited by CyberJack; 25/04/16 08:27 AM. Reason: Topic heading.
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
Hmm I just checked the online shop... blush right in front of me are the cork pads. I'm still not sure about the right glue though.

Someone in a thread mentioned locktite made something but didn't mention the product name?

All help is appreciated.

Aussie280

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 301
Likes: 2
Apprentice level 4
Hi there. I did my Greenfield clutch plates a few months back and used contact cement by Permatex I think. The tube is visible in one of the pictures. It has worked very well. The Tractor 11 was used to clear heavy growth up to 6 feet on sloping ground and showed no signs of failing.

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38189#Post38189

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
Thanks Aldo...great post of yours to refer too. Are the shims very specific or just different thickness washers?

Now if someone can help me with my Briggs valve issue (see post in engine section) then I'll be one happy camper.

When I do my clutch I'll retake photos to compare to see if it differs in anyway to your T11

Aussie280

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 43
Novice
i use selleys kwik grip recommended by my local mower shop didn't have any issue using that at all


Moderated by  Mr Davis, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj
18,146 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,147
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1