Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (danj), 2,157 guests, and 2,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 445
Likes: 1
Qualified Junior
I have removed a number of blade disk nuts from Victa 2 strokes however I have one that I just cant get undone no matter what I try.

I have soaked the nut and washer in wd40 and tried to use the breaker bar and it wont budge. I have also tried using a spanner and hitting it with the hammer and it still wont budge.

The engine is tired however I want the base as I have a number of good engines to transplant onto it!

Any ideas would be appreciated as I am very close to breaking out the angle grinder and cutting it off. Meaning I have to scrap the engine.

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 210
Likes: 5
Apprentice level 3
Hi Peter J
With some care you can use your angle grinder to "shave" down one side of the nut nearly down to the crank threads and then try again. You may see the nut threads turning blue with the heat when you get down to them....stop grinding there!

The nut may open up a bit releasing it's self from the shaft easier and do try it when it is hot from grinding too.. You may have to contact Bruce in his online parts store for a new nut, if you cant see one that suits, I imagine not everything he has shows up in the online store.

Hope that helps!
cheers


"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 467
Qualified Junior
***
hey ,
if you dont have a rattle gun you could go down to your local mower joint and get them to rattle it off, or also get a cheap rattle gun at super cheap.

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
I havent had a stuck one for a long time, my breaker bar is 2 meters long though.

The last time i had a really bad one I cut close to the crank with a really thin brinder disc (the ones they use for colorbond, on both sides then hit it a few times with a cold chisel, cleaned the thread up with a wire wheel.

I dont have a rattle gun but I have yet had to load whatever it is im working on into the ute to drive to the other shed, there is always a way that will work smile

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 445
Likes: 1
Qualified Junior
Thanks guys I appreciate the advice.
With some careful grinding as fast grass suggested I had the nut off in five minutes.
Bonus is that I didn't damage the cranks shaft and the engine is in good condition.
Might have to invest in a bigger breaker bar!


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Jason92, sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D
18,141 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1