Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4,643 guests, and 1,627 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#43471 21/01/13 03:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 445
Likes: 1
Qualified Junior
Hi guys.

Looking to completely rebuild my first power and I am having trouble with the crank pin. I know you need the special tool however I do this as a bit of a hobby and can't justify 50 odd bucks for something I won't use that often. I have jammed the boss with a steel barband given the pin a tap in the groove with a screw driver however it won't budge. I am assuming you guys have some tricks.

Thanks for your help.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 121
Apprentice level 2
I have only managed to undo one pin with a Hammer and screwdriver, then i went out and purchased the tool smile

The newer model pins are also a bit harder to remove without the tool.

You also need to consider even if you manage to take it off, you will still need to put it back on and the only way to tighten enough will again be with the tool.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 612
Likes: 1
Qualified Senior
Have taken a couple of these off, both times with a hammer and strong screwdriver. It does take a few goes though. If it was just a matter of one tool it wouldn't be so bad but there are 2 different crank pins necessitating 2 types of tools and I think the one you want for the powertorque is approx $90.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 121
Apprentice level 2
pretty sure there is (was) someone on ebay selling for $50 or so.. he had both types

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,819
Likes: 6
Junior Technician
***
This new thread you started is in the 'Questions On Victa Two Stroke Engines' part of the forum.

Go back out to the menu page and try the fourth link down with the title 'victa special tools'


Cheers.


Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 445
Likes: 1
Qualified Junior
Thanks guys I found the thread on how to make up your own tool with a standard socket. I had a crack at it and it works well.I just need to have a crack at the later model pin shape.I think that might be a little more difficult.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj
18,146 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,147
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1