Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9,246 guests, and 1,788 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#42883 29/12/12 10:56 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Novice
My little old Stihl 010AV tends to die if I reach up to a branch, even just holding the saw vertical. I'm hoping it will be a routine issue to some of you blokes. It sounds like a carby issue generally to me. Maybe pumping, or metering? Looking forward to some help.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 301
Likes: 2
Apprentice level 4
Hi Ron, I'm just wondering if the fuel line may be the culprit. If it is old and perished then perhaps when it swings around via the weighted fuel filter it opens a split in the line causing it to suck air.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Novice
Hi aldot. Great thought. I'll check that out today.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Novice
Aldot,
I hooked the filter and tube out. Couldn't see any damage without dismantling; I also blew into the tube and it didn't appear to leak. Thinking it over, would you expect the saw to show signs of recovery after sucking air and being short of fuel momentarily? Mine is OK again as soon as I drop it down to horizontal.
I wondered about this tube I saw when I was checking out the pick up line. Is that a breather, and wouldn't it be submerged when I tilt the saw?

[Linked Image]


Moderated by  Bruce, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Fleshtuxcedo, bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona
18,147 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,148
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1