Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Bruce), 4,169 guests, and 1,588 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#33442 07/02/12 10:14 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
Hi again! Just picked up a new project...1975 Masport President 2 Iron Horse 2 stroke with catcher

Link:

http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=350114736


She will need some attention but its in great nick for age. Normally like my victas but these are great. Cant wait to get it open and see what it takes to get her running. Cather and all. Pleasant suprise was the original owner manual in as new condition!

Any info, tips, and advice welcome.

Last edited by Pancake; 07/02/12 10:17 PM.
Portal Box 6
Pancake #33445 07/02/12 10:53 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2,738
Likes: 6
Forum Historian
****
Hey Pancake, the link is no longer active, any chance you saved the pics?

I'm really keen to see this one!


Cheers
Ty

____________________________
Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Mr Davis #33453 08/02/12 05:18 AM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,291
Likes: 4
Master Technician
***
Yep your right there just goes to a white page.Once somebody removes there add from gumtree then the link does dead.Usually it will say that it has gone but not this one.


Here for a good time,not a long time.
Pancake #33455 08/02/12 07:35 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


hope this works.....Yep it did.


Last edited by Pancake; 08/02/12 07:36 AM.
Pancake #33460 08/02/12 10:26 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2,738
Likes: 6
Forum Historian
****
Wow!

Now I can definatly say I'm interested to see how this one goes, I just love the 'Hammer Head' look of those engines!


Cheers
Ty

____________________________
Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Pancake #33464 08/02/12 10:42 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
thanks Mr Davis, Iam having trouble locating info on this, I know there are 2 machines that were restored by a NZ chap. Do you have any info or recommend web sites.

I also love the look, they are so solid and retro. Its a solid machine to begin with so I think I was lucky to find it.

Pancake #33465 08/02/12 10:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,362
Likes: 11
Administrator - Master Technician
****
Hi Pancake...here's a link to one of our members that has fully restored a Iron Horse....check out his pics and maybe send him a PM...He's a great bloke and I'm sure he will give you some help with info...Click HERE
Please let us know how you get on. grin
cheers2


Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin


Deejay #33466 08/02/12 10:51 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
thanks will send PM!

- How good is the owners manual!

Pancake #33469 08/02/12 11:22 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 106
Apprentice level 2
Hi Pancake,
I sent you a PM if you need help give me a yell.

Cheers
Pete

Pcamore #33470 08/02/12 11:29 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,362
Likes: 11
Administrator - Master Technician
****
Wow Pete, that was a prompt reply...great to see ya back on the forum mate! lol
What projects have you got on the go?
cheers2


Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin


Pancake #33473 08/02/12 11:39 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2,738
Likes: 6
Forum Historian
****
Also, who makes these engines?

I have an engine from a later Iron Horse, sadly the base was not in great shape, and I have been unable to find a base with the right mountings for the engine.

I know with mine it had an American engine, same one used by lawn boy.

I've seen Masports with Briggs & Stratton, Lawn-boy, and Tecumseh engines, did they ever make there own?


Cheers
Ty

____________________________
Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Mr Davis #33474 08/02/12 11:55 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Novice
that was quick! Thanks for the Pm, yes I have a few questions to ask and I have seen your lovely machines, well done by the way. Are thet a reed valve intake system?

The first point is the pull starter cord that is loose so this weekend I will attack that and see how it works and why its not retracting. From there hopefully its a short road to hearing it run. Will see.


Last edited by Pancake; 08/02/12 12:16 PM.
Pancake #33478 08/02/12 12:26 PM
J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
I belive they are a lawnboy engine Ty, I know nothing else about them though.

Pancake #33479 08/02/12 12:28 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2,738
Likes: 6
Forum Historian
****
I had a suspicion, as there are some similarities between my much newer lawnboy engine, and this one, but as there is some differences apparent too, and the age difference between them, I was not sure.


Cheers
Ty

____________________________
Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1