Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (looktall, Commspares), 4,302 guests, and 1,588 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
fpv
Offline
Novice
Hi
I have just recently bought a cheap Viking MT770H.
When i bought it i knew it needed 2 main items firstly a Battery (as someone had cut wires off) "no idea why"
Second was the more costly a transmition (as would not drive forward or back)
I am a Motor Mechanic by tade but gee these things are a proffesion in themselves.
I have 2 questions if anyone can help.
1st question is It wont start ha ha (i have wired up the new battery and have checked for 12v to the starter motor, There is no battery voltage at the starter on crank. I have tried to bridge all switches (seat and catcher) to isolate the problem.
Still no start (not even a starter engage)I have checked the ignition fuse (ok)
I have cheched 1 side of the starter solenoid (ok) other side has no power on crank (turning of key to crank position)
As i said im a motor mechanic but geee these things are simple but with cut off switches everywhere it makes things not so easy.
ps: not even the headlights have power to them.
this is where the second question comes in
Does anyone know where i can get a manual for this mower
As i can not find ANYTHING on this model mower

Thankyou in advance
Darren

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 21
Novice
hi fpv,
it sounds like there may be another wire to be attatched to the pos. terminal this would be your accessories link. so check for this , happy hunting,
ozzie john.


i may have retired but i havent stopped yet, ive got one shed full of woodworking machines & hand tools(my other love, makin sawdust)my othr shed is mechanics tool chests stick &mig welders metal lathe 9 inch swing screw cutting so if icant buy it i make it,i hope im writing this in the right place,thats all i can think of at the moment, cheers & beers
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Syd Offline
Novice
Hi fpv.

only just stumbled on this post and your message so my reply may be way too late. I have an MT770H which I am selling (on ebay) but I could photocopy the manual if you still want it prior to my sale. Just let me know

cheers
Syd

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Syd Offline
Novice
I have it scanned but its 7MB so let me know and i will email direct

Originally Posted by Syd
Hi fpv.

only just stumbled on this post and your message so my reply may be way too late. I have an MT770H which I am selling (on ebay) but I could photocopy the manual if you still want it prior to my sale. Just let me know

cheers
Syd

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
Hi there as there has been no reply in this thread for almost a year until recently I will close it. If you have any questions and answers please feel free to start a new one.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo, bloge
18,150 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1