Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2,533 guests, and 456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2855 24/10/05 09:07 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 298
Apprentice level 3
****
Hi all Found a Victa chassisat week end with 3 holes for mounting engine similar to a Villiers 7F. On reflection I think maybe the 3 holes were for an adaptor plate to fit a choice of engines. Any ideas anyone?// Joe


Joe
#2856 24/10/05 07:35 PM
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Joe,
It sounds like one of the victa's that came out with the villiers engines.

Regards,

Bruce [Linked Image]


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
#2857 25/10/05 09:02 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 298
Apprentice level 3
****
Hi Bruce I know that Victa used the Villiers Mk 2 engine in the early days but cannot ever recall seeing a &f model or a Torque major used on them . I was agreat fan of the 7f engine ... The way villiers approched the deign of the crankshaft and it supprting extended bearings at the lower end I though very good as the small engines which were designed for belt drive use only and which were grabbed by Motor Mowere Manufacturers at the time had big problems in that area. Perhps more of this in another topic.......................... To get back to the Victa ........I did not think much about it till the next day but from memory it seemed the 3 holes were a little cloer together than they would be for the 7f but as I do have some Pace chassis down there at the junkyard I will compare them next time I visit,
I seem to recall there was and adaptor plte for the Sheerline which enbled Victa to use the Kirby 4 stroke and their own 2 stroke but I will have to try and backtrack. I sold a Sheerline manual recently on Ebay but I did not have a look thru it first . More later Joe


Joe

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92, sofini23
18,144 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1