Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (aitchey, Bruce), 3,659 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 23
Novice
Dear Bruce , I am restoring 2 Villiers and require your help.
1. The first Villiers is the Mark 7F Torque Master. What I dont understand is that the governor spindle should be turned anticlockwise to its fullest extant and tightened so that the throttle is fully opened. When the engine is in motion the governor sleave moves under centrifugal pressure on the governor balls this causes the spindle to rotate thereby operating the throttle lever. Doesnt this close the throttle of the carby not open it? Adjusting the contact breaker points how do you know when the piston is at top dead centre?
2. The other villiers I have is Mark 3 Midget engine.
I am confused how to set the flywheel. The cam is rivetted to the flywheel The flywheel is moved till the points commence to open it has an arrow stamped on it is this point put in line with the timing mark on the driving shaft ie crankshaft? I dont know if I saw a timeing mark on the shaft ? How do you set the contact breaker points?
3. Finally I emailed you a few days ago Re Victa special 1957 I dont know if you got it? I am after some parts I have the rewind starter with the wire rope I need the rubber handle and aluminum sleaves. I also need the cowl mounting plate on which the electricals sit. There are other parts I need do you know anyone who can help me?
Regards Paul Rovali
Member


------------------

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Paul,
In reply to question two. You will see on the flywheel side of the crankshaft a cut which is the mark and if no mark then place a screw driver down the plug hole to work top dead centre. Then the points should start to open 3/16" before top dead centre. You then tighten up the flywheel as it is on a tapper.

I have e-mailed you some information on the villiers engine.

Regards,

Bruce [Linked Image]


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo, bloge
18,150 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1