Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Herriman), 7,025 guests, and 1,919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 3
Novice
Hi,

I have a Victa Powerplus Self propelled mower, purchased in 1981, model number WV 155 AO.

The drive belt has broken and whilst I have replaced it before, many years ago I can't remember how I did it (!) and the operating instructions don't cover it

Looks like I have to remove blade disc and motor to get belt on motor pulley but I don't want to do this if there is a "trick" to getting the belt on the motor pulley

Confirmation of the procedure would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 264
Apprentice level 3
If it is the same as mine (pics on previous topic)i got a coat hanger,cut it and made a small hookon the end,pocked it in between the blade plate and chassis - hooked the belt at the engine pully and with a bit of effort was able to pull it out and over the blades(that is after you take it off the drive pully.you can reverse this proceedure with a new belt but time wise i take off the blade plate for ease of access...ken

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 3
Novice
Thanks for the reply...

Mine is different in appearance to your pictures but probably similar in design? .. although when I remove the blade disc there is no gap between the drive bearing and the deck so impossible to "feed" a belt upwards to the pulley above the deck.

I think now I have removed the blade disc I may as well release the motor bolts and fit the belt from above - although I don't recollect having had to do this before!

Thanks again


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj
18,146 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,147
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1