Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (danj), 2,157 guests, and 2,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Novice
I have the above Greenfield ride on and it stops running after about 5 minutes.
I thought it was a head gasket problem when it got hot
so I replaced the head gasket, I didnt replace the pull start
as was unsure how to wind it back on with the spring.

I have been told it needs a new coil, would this be correct or would it be another problem.

Also, anyone know where you could get a new seat for this model

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,926
Likes: 11
Pushrod Honda preferrer
***
Head gasket was always an unlikely solution; wrong symptom. The symptom is possible for a coil but it wouldn't be the first place I'd look unless that engine is known to have that problem. Coils sometimes have intermittent failures but more often they just quit once and for all. Fuel sounds more likely, and you can check that fairly easily. Will it restart immediately after it quits, or do you have to wait a while? If you have to wait a while, you can try to start it immediately after it quits by squirting some fuel into the carburetor air intake (with air cleaner removed) immediately after it stops, then cranking it. Don't stand in front of the carburetor air intake when you do this, in case it spits. If it isn't that, I suspect you'll have to do the standard series of diagnostic tests, but I see Bruce is on line and he may have seen this problem before. The quickest way to fix these things is to ask Bruce.

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Originally Posted by djr1718
I have the above Greenfield ride on and it stops running after about 5 minutes.
I thought it was a head gasket problem when it got hot
so I replaced the head gasket, I didnt replace the pull start
as was unsure how to wind it back on with the spring.

I have been told it needs a new coil, would this be correct or would it be another problem.

Also, anyone know where you could get a new seat for this model

What engine is it a Briggs & Stratton or Tecumseh?

Who told you it needed a coil?

Have you done any simple test?

I would look at what grumpy is suggesting about the water in the fuel first before spend a lot of money. cheers2


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.

Moderated by  Mr Davis, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Jason92, sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D
18,141 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1