Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MarkusB), 3,906 guests, and 2,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#121018 28/02/25 05:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
As the title says, I have pulled a couple of these clutches off these mowers but I haven't replaced one This mower hit a pipe and has damaged something. When the motor is running and the blades are not rotating and you open the rear flap the blades are vibrating up and down. I haven't put a dial indicator on the blade carrier but I have rotated it slowly and it looks ok. Has anybody replaced one of these clutches and if so how difficult was it? I know pulling them off it seems quite complicated

Attachments
unnamed (5).jpg (763.92 KB, 18 downloads)
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Norm,

I've taken the clutch off an earlier model Honda ,I think they are the same clutch.

It may just need a new bearing if the blades are vibrating up and down.

I'd remove the clutch and pull the spark plug out then spin the motor over on the starter cord while looking at the crank
to see if it;s bent.





Cheers
Max.

Attachments
166469.png.png (30.57 KB, 35 downloads)
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Max,
Yes I had seen that video and I will get the clutch off in the morning and look at it but I am pretty sure the clutch plate is the issue

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
just an update on this one, bent shaft


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj
18,146 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,147
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1