Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (Bruce, nath), 3,237 guests, and 2,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#120461 31/12/24 11:26 AM
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 30
Likes: 1
Novice
Hi,

I inherited an electric reel from my pop about 45 years ago, loved it but hated having to move the cord.

I decided to sell the electric and buy a SB45 about 45 years ago, loved it but after moving house, then house again, my lawns were a mixture of buffalo, couch and weeds and didn't feel I could justify using my SB45 on these lawns.

For 44 years my lawns weren't nice, got rained on in winter and unloved in summer.

Anyway, my darling wife decided she wanted to landscape our front garden and have a TifTuf lawn planted, BIG MISTAKE as I started getting the bug again to have a nice lawn.

All I had was a rotary mower and because the lawn was laid on a day when we had 40mm of rain, the landscapers foot holes were everywhere and lawn was really undulating and the rotary was scalping it leaving horrible round rings.

I purchased a 2nd hand Ozito 18v reel mower for $100 as my wife refused to let me spend more. frown Even using the Ozito 18v reel, my wife saw and improvement and let me spend $1000 smile on a 4 year old Bushranger 500CM 20" and lawn continued to look better.

I top dressed TifTuf.

The Bushranger 500CM was good but it was so heavy and cumbersome that my 120 SqM lawn couldn't justify it.

I was looking for a SB45 17" that I could rebuild but prices were too high to justify.

So I purchased a 100% total rebuilt and repainted professionally with all new parts a beautiful SB45 17" that hadn't been used since the rebuild for $3000 and told MY WIFE, sorry I can't say. ;^)

Anyway, I've only used the SB45 about 3 times and the lawn has just continued to improve and now looks like a green carpet, I just love my SB45 17".

Cheerz smile laugh wink[i][/i]

Last edited by KenMar; 31/12/24 11:28 AM.
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
And that is all that matters Ken as long as it makes you happy. . And quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Ken and Norm

The Scott Bonnar 45 is so stunning, it’s basically a lawn art masterpiece. It would be a shame to hide that beauty when it’s not in use! Let’s give it the spotlight it deserves—maybe even set up a velvet rope around it as if it’s the celebrity of the garage!"

"Hey, I just had a brilliant idea! You know how they say you should showcase your treasures? Your new lawn mower really deserves a throne! How about a glass-sided shed?, you can finally give it the fancy 'red carpet' treatment while keeping the neighbors jealous!"


There seems to be a few people who keep mowers inside the house as they say the shed is just not good enough ,I've even
heard a story of one person who kept a mower in his shower ,I'm assuming he showered outside.

The 45 does look good enough for a Museum though.🎆💥🎇✨💥🎆

Cheers
Max.

Attachments
Shed display.jpg (196.58 KB, 19 downloads)
Outdoor shed.jpg (51.1 KB, 19 downloads)
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 30
Likes: 1
Novice
You know when the designer got it right some 60 years ago, the SB45 has stood the test of time with many reel manufacturers copying aspects like the Superswift, Bushranger 510CM + more.

Manufacturers have made the reel mower more complicated with twin handles etc. but the SB45 just does the job, and does it exceptionally well.

Cheerz smile laugh wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1