Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 5,011 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
Morning all,
A friends Aussie PowerTorque had a wrecked conrod bigend bearing. And main bearings as well and scored bore.
So I thought I'd use a chinese PowerTorque I had incomplete..... I had to use Aussie PT coil but it would not fit under chinese flywheel with cogs on outer perimeter for electric start. I'd just sway flywheels. Chinese flywheel has no number on it.

I never took flywheel off before, pretty easy. Set coil gap, but there was not a good fit with a bit of a wobble, it might tighten up when I put round steel thing on and baseplate and bottom nut.
Aussie flywheel part no. MAO5548A
The chinese motor would not run properly....... found out why when I took flywheel off. It has moved and squashed the flat so changing the timing.....

Any ideas, just try it to see if it tightens up...
speedy

Attachments
Fly3.jpg (209.63 KB, 99 downloads)
Fly4.jpg (201.9 KB, 99 downloads)
Fly1.jpg (173.09 KB, 99 downloads)
Last edited by speedy; 20/02/22 11:44 AM.

........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
Here's why it woddles...... tapered shaft on chinese and straight shaft on Aussie....
I'll change crankshafts....and use Aussie flywheel...
speedy

Attachments
Fly5.jpg (193.23 KB, 93 downloads)

........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Speedy you must not be worried about dropping anything on your toes are you? I wear steel toe shoes for a reason. They prevent most painful toe impacts. They wont prevent the most serious injuries but do cut down the risks.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I use steel cap boots when I mow. Thanks for bringing up this hazard as well.
Reading about what a man went through after chopping his big toe off under a ride on mower, prompted me to buy a pair.

Last edited by Mowerfreak; 21/02/22 06:43 AM.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
I wear closed in shoes to mow, but like air around my toes in the hot days up here. In the 30's lately.
cheers speedy


........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
anyway, I put the Aussie crankshaft in the chinese block, chinese piston. and tried to put it back on Aussie base...........
one hole didn't match up. I'll try it with three bolts. It will be a trick o drill a hole in correct position , roughly the red cross. and put a spacer between base and block...........
cheers
speedy

Attachments
ptbase2.jpg (219.03 KB, 57 downloads)

........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi speedy,

good to find out they changed the position to make engine swapping tricky. Maybe it was for better rigidity or to dampen vibration, who knows.

Last edited by Mowerfreak; 23/02/22 09:13 PM.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi speedy,
I have pulled hundreds of PT's off their bases and I have never seen one like that

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi NormK,

it could be an ecotorque that has a revised pattern (that attempts) to prevent you fitting the more polluting older engines.

Last edited by Mowerfreak; 24/02/22 11:17 AM.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 147
Likes: 8
Apprentice level 2
Hi all,

While the Eco Torque engines look like they've been manufactured poorly with large air-cooling fins, that was actually the design recommended by UTS when re-designing the engine to meet newer emission standards, so it's not a result of the country of manufacture. You can find information about this in Technical Bulletin 03/07 322 (Attached), and the Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences website.

Aside from those changes as far as I'm aware and from what I've seen, there was no change to the bolt hole locations on the engine.

Obviously, I wouldn't run the mower and wouldn't recommend anyone else run the mower with only 3 bolts holding the engine on either, even though it may be/feel entirely secure.

Attachments
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
thanks pau13z, that's very interesting.... I read on ODK somewhere about the chinese connection.....
I will try to put something together......
cheers speedy


........................Keep your blades sharp......................

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1