Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Olqualcast), 3,928 guests, and 2,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 49
Likes: 8
Novice
Hi All
I thought some members might like to see the final product of a recent mower rebuild/restoration I undertook.

12 months ago I saw an unfamiliar mower on a tip to the local recycling waste management centre, better known as β€œ the tip”.
As everything was there(carby, trip release, tank, wheels, snorkel, filter, engine, base, muffler) I reasoned it was worth being given a chance to live again, so home it came, for about $15.
It was given a total dismantling( except bottom end of engine), and I discovered it was a Rover Fairway, with a Kirby Tecumseh KAV74 2 stroke engine.
I have the final resto photos, on my phone, not at an Internet address, as asked. How did I put them up on the forum??

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 988
Likes: 7
Qualified Senior
Hi twostroker!

The link below will guide you, Rover Fairways are thin on the ground so we’ll done on saving it.


https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...images-or-docs-to-my-post.html#Post87412

This is my Rover Fairway with Kirby two stroke engine πŸ‘

[Linked Image]

All the best, Paul

Attachments
Last edited by paul_c; 01/10/21 04:05 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 49
Likes: 8
Novice
Thank you Paul for all the feedback. I love your mower collection. Mine are either under the house, in the garage under covers, or on my back porch under covers! One day I will have a dedicated room inside the house for them, something like your setup.
Here is my Rover Fairway that was saved from destruction. Note that the orange tank and starter I found on eBay. The original had a hole right thru it from what looked like a pick axe!!
I repaired it to the point of invisibility, but tiny droplets of fuel gradually appeared, so a fix for a rainy day!
Regards, Kirk (2stroker)

Attachments
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 49
Likes: 8
Novice
I will try to add more photos of it. Just learning the photo posting technique.As can be seen, the wheels were made in Enfield, inner west Sydney.
Not much manufacturing of anything in Enfield anymore, except expensive coffees, and methamphetamine perhaps!!

Attachments

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Fleshtuxcedo, bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona
18,147 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,148
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1