Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3,526 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 08:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 07:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 06:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#111643 09/04/21 10:42 PM
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 10
Novice
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a qualcast P1 up and running which I picked up off gumtree. I was lucky enough to also get a second engine/chassis/fuel tank as spares.

I've stripped most of it down, however it is taking some time.

The engine wasn't siezed but didn't have any spark so I investigated and found some loose wiring, which I've soldered up and the spark has returned!

I split the engine to check out the condition and the piston itself looks fairly worn. These have a Villiers 4g ( I believe ) engine, and I couldn't find any replacement pistons when searching, so will give the cylinder a home, replace a seal and gaskets and repaint the head. I'll clean up the carburettor next week and hopefully get it running again.

I am probably going to need a few spare parts.

Thus far it seems I am missing one orange 'hub cap' from the wheel and also am in need of one of the cast iron reel holders/adjusters which is cracked.

I will also likely have a fair few spares from the second engine etc. Does anyone else have any partable units/ is anyone chasing any parts for their project?

I am located in Toowoomba QLD.

Kind regards,
Doug


Doug
Dougie995 #111644 09/04/21 10:44 PM
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 10
Novice
I can't seem to post my photos due to size restrictions so may need to out some up next week when I'm at a computer!


Doug
Dougie995 #111648 10/04/21 07:41 AM
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 10
Novice
I'm not sure why but I've had to post this twice now.

I have got my hands upon a Villiers MK4G spare parts manual, which includes parts for the magneto and fuel systems. It's 20mb and the uploader seems to max out at less than 3mb. How/where is the best place to post this? It is very good for finding which oil seals etc are needed and reassembling items. It would go well with the qualcast manual uploaded by Cyber Jack some years ago.

Additionally, I do require an oil seal. Part number e9718 which seems difficult to find. Does anyone know of a local supplier of vintage Villiers parts that may be worth calling?

Thanks,

Doug


Doug
Dougie995 #111649 10/04/21 08:15 AM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Doug,

I will send you a PM about this.

Cheers
---------------------
Jack


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,140
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1