Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Murray K L), 991 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Help identify walk-behind slasher
by mower1 - 05/09/26 05:51 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by maxwestern - 16/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by NormK - 12/09/26 07:48 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 36
Novice
Hi forums. So this is my first post, so please bear with me.

Just picked up a Victa 18 model 5 special. Unlike a lot of people, I actually intend to use this mower regularly.

It’s in remarkably good condition, starts first pull. But it either doesn’t have a complete/correct choke air filter.

Where can I get one? I found exactly 1 on eBay for $180 which is more than I paid for the mower! Could I use a generic part? Any recommendations would be a huge help. I’m in Australia.

Attachments
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hello Scott

What I would personally do (since you are using it and not a show piece) is put a later 70's white victa housing with paper filter for better engine life, plus easier on the wallet as well.

If worse comes to worse, throw on an easy to get Rover filter housing for now and try to track down a Victa one

Somewhere on here is the Victa bulletin saying 'we no longer make the old housings, use the white one in servicing'

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
As Tyler suggests if you are not using it for show I would use a Rover filter body. They should be easy to find as I have a few kicking around here. From memory you can then use the long Victa filter

Joined: May 2020
Posts: 36
Novice
Hi norm. Thanks for the reply. I’m a total newbie at this, my memory of Victas is back to the early 80s. So I don’t quite know what part you are describing. Any further help would be great.

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Norm and Scott

With the rover body, you can use a victa long, but doesn't fit well. There are 2 similar styles of Rover filter which are better

Like this https://www.[Censored].com.au/p...5c3f6d846db91beab70d0ea7/o/-/o-12327.jpg

Joined: May 2020
Posts: 36
Novice
Hey Tyler. Thanks for that. Could you post me a link to the actual product at all mowers? Ive got an order in with them so I can add it on.

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Scott

I usually post ODK store links, however Bruce doesn't have this one available (that I can see). https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/lawn-mo...03217-8?zenid=h12rm5nf8726n3f4129i6aso80

Also FYI regarding the housing change https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...e-paper-filter-assemblies.html#Post87340

Regards

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia, Hendo
18,134 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,756
Posts106,805
Members18,134
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1