Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (Bruce, nath), 3,237 guests, and 2,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
Novice
I've picked up this 590 out of curiosity and its a great mower. It really doers get into those tight places. Elsewhere I had posted photos when discussing the belt required but here's one to refresh;
[Linked Image from i498.photobucket.com]

help2

I am however, having difficulty adjusting the drive so that it stops when you dis-engage the "clutch". I gather its a combination between setting the right tension on the jockey pulley and setting the clutch cable length correctly.

If anyone out there has the original instructions for setting this or knows from experience how to do this I'd appreciate it as it would turn this great mower into a fantastic one!

Cheers, John

PS After 3 mows the lawn in the photo is already looking heaps better laugh

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
John,

Can you post a side view of the belt drive as it has been a long time since I have set one up but once I see what you have done I am sure I will be able to direct you in the correct direction.

To my knowledge they do not have a repair manual only an owners manual which I am still trying to locate but it could take some time to get.

If I can get my hands on one I will be uploading it to the parts list and manuals area. cheers2


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
Novice
Bruce, side view for your consideration:

[Linked Image from i498.photobucket.com]

Thanks, John

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,362
Likes: 11
Administrator - Master Technician
****
Hi to All,
As this thread is over 2 years old, for archival purposes, I will now lock it. wink
cheers2


Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin



Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1