Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (Bruce, nath), 3,237 guests, and 2,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 24
Likes: 2
SAB
Offline
Novice
Hi All

I've got a "steepish" backyard lawn of about 600sqm.
Rather than lumping a Catcher around for each mowing, can I mulch ?
Or just leave the catcher off ?

Q1 : Can I convert an old Victa Lawnkeeper to a mulch mower ?
Q2 : If so, do I need to upgrade to a 4 blade carrier as well as a new Mulch Plug ?

Details :
Victa Lawnkeeper LCS464 (?) - FG FI N12437 M/N N12437 - year 2009 - B&S 148cc 90000 series 09T502 - existing 2 blade carrier - Overall mower works well & maintained regularly.

Advice pls ?

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 542
Likes: 13
wce Offline
Qualified Senior
Hi SAB

My advice would be to get a ride on mower, that's a big yard for a push mower and you to maintain.

cheers
wce

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 24
Likes: 2
SAB
Offline
Novice
My fear is I would end up underneath a rideon, given the slope (about 5 metres over 30 metres).

As for maintaining the lawn, I share the duties with my daughter ..... I supervise & she pushes (sometimes).
Also saves the $500 per year gym fees ....

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I'd get a Victa two stroke mulch and catch ready to go. I think (but not sure) you need to add a plate for the mulch plug underneath the base and I am not sure you can bolt a four blade disk onto that boss. You need the proper mulching disk which is round and has flaps cut into the disk as well as carrying four blades.
Not worth the trouble converting imo.
Sounds like a self propelled mulch and catch would be ideal for you.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
SAB,
Think about a Victa 24 2 stroke they are a great machine

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi SAB,WCE ,Mf ,Norm and all,

Originally Posted by SAB
I've got a "steepish" backyard lawn of about 600sqm.
Rather than lumping a Catcher around for each mowing, can I mulch ?
Or just leave the catcher off ?

I've mostly never used a catcher ,with a rear discharge mower I would tie the rear discharge cover with some wire to
the handle bars so the cover is open on a 45 degree angle facing down ,that way your legs are not hit with any objects
and are not covered in grass.

Cheers
Max.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
What gets me is why they never include clip on side discharge shutes for the back anymore?


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Some people are still giving the old ones away for free .

Attachments
Victa.jpg (55.96 KB, 32 downloads)
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I'd love that Mayfair shute. I have two 160cc powered ones.
Speaking of, one of mine has a 10 -15cm crack on the side. Otherwise a good base. One welder has quoted me $40 to run an aluminium weld along it. Too much I think.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
1 member likes this: Everardo Padberg

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1