Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (looktall), 4,249 guests, and 517 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#107641 04/08/20 02:49 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Novice
Hi guys, first time posting.

I have recently picked up a Morrison 500 cylinder mower, I am fairly new when it comes to cylinder mowers but I’m really keen to restore this one as a project. I’ve searched through the forums and Google and can’t seem to get far. My main issue I have at the moment is finding an answer on spare parts. Do the Masport 500 parts suit the Morrison ? As I believe Masport bought the Olympic brand? Any help would be much appreciated. If the Mower is as old as the engine, 1981 is its make.

Attachments
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Butchy8

Your Morrison is, itself, based upon the British Ransomes Minor MK7.
I have explained that here: -

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=72511

Yes, the first Masport 500s should be identical.

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/85624/Masport_Olympic_500_cylinder_m.html

Hope this helps.
--------------------------------
Jack

Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Novice
Thanks so much for your quick reply Jack! Appreciate it!

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 7
Novice
Hi Butchy8

I have a very similar if not identical mower I bought a year ago. I’m having trouble identifying it. Are you confident the Morrison 500 is the right make and model?

I’m trying to get a new clutch cable and or clutch if needed as it’s slipping and sometimes not moving the mower forwards at all.
I live in Perth Western Australia and can’t seem to find anyone that knows this mower. I have added a photo of mine for reference.

Thank you for the help.

Attachments
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Baldingow180

I have uploaded my parts manual for the Olympics here: -
https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...rison-the-olympic-reel-mowers-c1962.html

Hope this helps
-------------------------------
Jack

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Clutch cable should be GA CAC484

Most shops should be able to get you one for $ 60 max

You may find the new clutch from a masport olympic that would fit, but can't guarantee it

Regards

Last edited by Tyler; 04/09/21 09:01 PM.
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Originally Posted by Baldingowl80
Hi Butchy8

I have a very similar if not identical mower I bought a year ago. I’m having trouble identifying it. Are you confident the Morrison 500 is the right make and model?

I’m trying to get a new clutch cable and or clutch if needed as it’s slipping and sometimes not moving the mower forwards at all.
I live in Perth Western Australia and can’t seem to find anyone that knows this mower. I have added a photo of mine for reference.

Thank you for the help.

Here is a parts list for your model below.

Attachments
Olympic 4.pdf (135.87 KB, 20 downloads)
Olympic 4 Parts List

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo, bloge
18,150 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1