Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (danj), 2,157 guests, and 2,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 580
Likes: 2
Qualified Senior
Hi everybody,

I have a long shaft Victa 2 stroke engine off a Victa Tornado and I want to put it on a deck that had a short shaft 2 stroke engine. I have some of those lifters that Victa use for their Briggs engines and I was wondering if that would do the job.

I should have searched better and now I got most of the information I need from this thread. outdoorkinhttps://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/104027/2.htmlg.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/104027/2.html
and it seems the holes of the lifter don't line up but I can use the lifters without the plastic ring. I need 4 of them so that would be OK.

Last edited by sparker; 26/07/20 04:29 PM.
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
The spacers will do it ok, just that they can be a bit of a pain to get in place

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 961
Likes: 20
Moderator
The holes should line up Sparker. Arrow pointing down and rotated to line up with the plug.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I haven't tried that BT, putting the ring the opposite way to the Briggs and it will line up with the PT?

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
(The spacers will do it ok, just that they can be a bit of a pain to get in place)

I always install PT motor upside down, put motor on bench upside down, then put spacers on, and base, just use a box to steady handles........
speedy


........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 580
Likes: 2
Qualified Senior
I will try this tomorrow. I'll see if the ring will line up and if not I'll do the upside down spacer thing.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 961
Likes: 20
Moderator
Definitely will line up. they all have the same bolt pattern. Remember the old Briggs that were sideways on the Victa bases.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 580
Likes: 2
Qualified Senior
All good. The spacers worked without the ring. The ring had been stored and pressed up so it was out of shape and was very frustrating to line up. The ring is now dead.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Jason92, sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D
18,141 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1