Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (MarkusB, bigted), 2,989 guests, and 498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 385
Likes: 17
Apprentice level 4
Hello all,

I must say, it has been a very interesting few days attempting to paint the Auto Drive.

On recommendation from others, I've tried out Hammerite paints. I'm no paint expert but I know my way around a spray can. Almost every single can of Hammerite did this to me, to varying extents. I've never had such a thing happen when using Dulux, Rustoleum, VHT or Duplicolor aerosol cans.

One, I could say I was unlucky. Two, I'd start questioning my technique, but this has now happened to FOUR cans of Hammerite. Two Silver Hammered Finish, and two Smooth Black.

The can of Rustoleum I used on the cylinder didn't behave like this, and neither did some etch primer from Dulux I used on something else.

The Hammer effect was unreal. It's a shame I couldn't get a good picture Friday night when I had finished up for the evening, it was gorgeous. Now, as mentioned in my other thread, it's ended up a right mess. The last can used today, some Smooth Black, ended up losing so much pressure that the spray ended up becoming a jet and I stuffed some more bits I was painting. Every example had a leak around the plastic plunger pipe that sits inside the white nozzle cap. One of the Silver Hammered cans ended up just sitting there gassing out.

Instructions were followed as written.

Any paint Supremos got any insight? Old cans? Bad batch? Finger trouble? Crap nozzle?

Attachments
DSC_0038-01a.jpg (192.73 KB, 42 downloads)
What a mess.
DSC_0040-01a.jpg (145.15 KB, 41 downloads)
Paint everywhere.
DSC_0041-01a.jpg (143.65 KB, 41 downloads)
Leaking from under the nozzle.

I don't collect mowers. I just require Multiple Mowing Solutions™.
Portal Box 6
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 48
Novice
I'm no expert but from experience that overflow of paint coming from nozzle is paint not escaping the cap properly. I'd try changing cap. Take it off and with a tag hold the valve down a bit to release whatever may be down the tube. If the new cap doesn't work probably a bad batch.....

I myself will be using this paint shortly as I'm painting my victa base.dont stress.... Just sand it back lightly and try again


Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1