Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2,533 guests, and 456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#106531 08/06/20 08:18 AM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 29
Novice
Gday Guys,

I just picked up a rover 45 and I gave it a once over and I noticed that the 209 governor spring is attached to a linkage and not the blade.

Is that where it is supposed to be? It doesnt seem to do anything there wether at full throttle, idle or in choke.

If some one has a photo of how it should be setup I would really appreciate it.

My engine is 91202 1371 E1

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 385
Likes: 17
Apprentice level 4
G'day Plane Old Iron,

Are you able to attach a picture for us?

Cheers!


I don't collect mowers. I just require Multiple Mowing Solutions™.
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 29
Novice
Here are the photos. I am unsure should it be in the looped linkage or on the bottom hole of the blade.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0iNnO52yJPJgKugUAJliF895Q

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0wWJcBDzPJqd_49OzxCUTGclg

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 385
Likes: 17
Apprentice level 4
Hello Plane Old,

Believe it or not, that looks correct.


I don't collect mowers. I just require Multiple Mowing Solutions™.
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 29
Novice
Why have that extra hole on the bottom of the blade?

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 385
Likes: 17
Apprentice level 4
That one I can't answer, but here is a picture of a similar Briggs with the same setup as yours.

[Linked Image]


I don't collect mowers. I just require Multiple Mowing Solutions™.
1 member likes this: Plane Old Iron

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92, sofini23
18,144 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1