Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,416 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 42
Likes: 2
Novice
Hi everyone this thread is to follow my restoration/piecing together of a very early model 2 Rotomo.
Trying to make sure I match all the right parts as much as possible. Hopefully someone on here can help me work out what I need.
I got the engine from a work college which is number 10319 came with a brass nut but the carby was unfortunately missing.
I have a donor model 2 which has 4 good tin wheels however axles are stuffed so well be replaced with the correct split pin axles.
Quick question what is the correct fuel tap for this model?
And if anyone has a brass nut carby they would part with please let me know !
More to come in the coming weeks and months.

Attachments
IMG_6550.JPG (332.21 KB, 85 downloads)
IMG_6549.JPG (162.2 KB, 86 downloads)
IMG_6545.JPG (230.78 KB, 87 downloads)
Portal Box 6
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 385
Likes: 17
Apprentice level 4
Hi Lorenz,

Looks like a worthy candidate for a restoration. I'm afraid I can't help you out much with these early models, but I'll be following with interest.


I don't collect mowers. I just require Multiple Mowing Solutions™.
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Lorenz ,Mystyler + all,

The correct fuel tap for this model Rotomo is the lever type fuel tap ,the push / pull type was not fitted to the Rotomo until
engine number 59,024

The obvious things missing are the original carby ,air filter ,fuel tap,throttle control,starter pulley and you may need the model one Victa
badge but to buy these items separately would cost more than buying a complete Rotomo mower .

Rotomo Specs Here https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=47908&page=all

Cheers
Max.

Attachments
A lever type Tap.jpg (10.14 KB, 62 downloads)
A push pull tap.jpg (140.08 KB, 63 downloads)
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 42
Likes: 2
Novice
Thanks for the extra info Max that helps clarify the parts I need. I pick up a repo model 1 badge which will do the job. It market is pretty tough for decent priced parts but will see what I can dig up. I've always found with parts like this if your prepared to wait a little while they usually can be found at a decent price.
I've made some progress on the engine, new rings, bearings, seals and gaskets fitted. Just need to tidy up the head and put in on.

Attachments
IMG_6555.JPG (198.39 KB, 60 downloads)
IMG_6556.JPG (261.01 KB, 62 downloads)
IMG_6566.JPG (274.92 KB, 61 downloads)
1 member likes this: Mystyler
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 42
Likes: 2
Novice
Got a little more done on the engine got the head as tidy as possible and fitting it and the ignition and also the flywheel. Next moving onto preparing the base.
[Linked Image]

Attachments
IMG_6585.JPG (257.3 KB, 79 downloads)
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Lorenz, Mystyler and Max,

Folks are clearly following this one, with the beautiful
and clear images. Thank you!

My favourite must be this one: - a brilliant composition! smile

[Linked Image]

Cheers
---------------------
Jack

p.s. I think there needs to be a steel washer above the
fibre washer on the transfer port covers.

Attachments
lorenz_2020.jpg (12.4 KB, 226 downloads)

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1