Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2,932 guests, and 605 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Likes: 6
Apprentice level 2
Hello All,
newby here I have a number of stationary engines and lawn mowers that I have been hoarding for the past 50 years I have decided to retire from full time work so have time for some restorations. I do not intend to restore better than new as I would rather they look like what they are, "old", so am restoring to a good mechanical workable condition.
I have Villiers, Briggs, Ronaldson, Roseberry, BSA.
At this time I have a number of questions re Villiers numbers and dating of the manufacture of them.
My Mark 20rg has the numbers 116X and 9566 it also has T CM2194 stamped on the edge of the casting under the flywheel, and the Mark 10 has the numbers 522 64351D on the ID plate.
Can any member throw any light on an approx manufacturing date.
Thanks in advance
Beech

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Likes: 6
Apprentice level 2
Sorry I forgot to mention in my first post I also have a collection of mowers mainly Victa, a Pope, a number (6 I think) Atcos, a Ransomes Sims and Jeffries ( have been told 20's but will post photo for help) Suffolk Colt, and a number of hand mowers.
My Grandfather had an after work business sharpening reel mowers, when I was old enough I would help him, he had a stroke so I was given his machine (this is approx 1973) which I operated for a number of years but then stopped as my career took a different path and did not have time.
I still have the machine so intend to resurrect it and hopefully once I have a few engines mowers etc to display will take it along to rallies etc to show it operating, I will have to modify it slightly as when it was operating it was powered by one motor driving an overhead shaft that had two wooden flat pulleys driving down to the machine as there are two speeds required to operate the machine.
I think what I will do is run an old 240volt generator/alternator that I have with a Ronaldson or some such driving it and fit two electric motors to the sharpening machine, see how I go.
Will keep you posted once I start.
Regards Beech


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92, sofini23
18,144 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1