Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (Bruce, nath), 3,237 guests, and 2,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
Likes: 4
Trainee
I know that these will be expensive to ship to Aus but I would imagine they are probably fairly hard to come by nowadays. I bought one for my V37 1966 Self Propelled but they fit a lot of other impulse starter models of the time, Corvette etc. as listed on the pack. This ebay seller still has 3 more available:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VICTA-12-185-Starter-drum/392283882264


[Linked Image]

If anyone needs one I would be prepared to help.


Attachments
Screen shot 2020-02-09 at 14.04.43.jpg (23.68 KB, 30 downloads)
Screen shot 2020-02-09 at 14.04.57.jpg (21.21 KB, 29 downloads)
Last edited by Alan; 10/02/20 01:48 AM.
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Alan,

I recently managed to get a second hand one off a siezed wreck.

Does this NOS one come with the special nut with integrated washer?
I have several wind up starters given to me but only one starter drum.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
Likes: 4
Trainee
Hi Mowerfreak,

No, drum only I'm afraid. I haven't put this on my V37 yet, it's been buried in the shed for a while so I can't really remember the nut/washer assembly.

Is a stock of these still available in Aus? I was surprised to find them here.


Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1