Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (Bruce, FiM, MowingManiac), 2,905 guests, and 1,948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#102556 25/12/19 01:32 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
Likes: 4
Trainee
Hi all,

Does anyone know what model catcher this is and if it would fit a VC160? I did have a download once that showed all the different catchers with their model numbers but I cant find it anymore?


Have a great Christmas everyone..!!

Cheers

Alan.


Attachments
Screen shot 2019-12-24 at 14.21.56.jpg (54.18 KB, 67 downloads)
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
Likes: 4
Trainee
Sorry Guys...

I was having another blonde moment there, I can see that it will definitely not fit the VC160. I would be really interested in that download that was on here a while back though, is it still available?


Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Happy Christmas Alan,
that very attractive looking catcher design came in wide or regular width to fit either a Victa 500/Supreme Twin or early 80s Mustang/Powerplus respectively. The latter will also go on 1970s thumb latch catcher models that share the VC Mustang chassis such as the Impala, VC Sports, VC 125 Mk III and of course the Mustang of the late 1970s.

Judging by the condition and black colour, that is most likely a replacement catcher which come black as standard instead of the original array of colours they came in.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
Likes: 4
Trainee
Hi Mowerfreak, Merry Christmas..!!

Thanks for the info. I have a late 70's Mustang that needs a catcher, I suppose I had better ask how wide this one is.

I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of that download? It was really handy as it showed illustrations of all the different types, model numbers and the mowers they fitted. I'm sure I got it here, just cant find it anymore.



Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
Likes: 4
Trainee
Scrub that Mowerfreak,

Just found it..!!


Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
MF has the catcher models right.

If anyone would like the Victa catcher file it's here https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u.../guide-victa-catcher-identification.html


Cheers
Max.

Attachments
Victa VC.jpg (112.51 KB, 39 downloads)
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 988
Likes: 7
Qualified Senior
Morning all,

I will put a link to the catcher information here for future reference

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/pages/Victa/Catchers/Victa%20Catchers%202.pdf

👍


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1