Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (Red Rum, Merro27), 1,522 guests, and 2,555 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Help identify walk-behind slasher
by mower1 - 05/09/26 05:51 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by maxwestern - 16/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by NormK - 12/09/26 07:48 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#91802 19/06/18 10:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 30
Novice
Hi All

I have recently bought a Kwikthatch 18" de-thatcher. It has a 5.5hp B&S 12 series engine and looks to have done very little work.
It has 78 nylon tines fitted to a total of 26 cartridges on the main dethatcher shaft. I also got about 5 sets of new spare tines for the de-thatcher, but understand that they do last quite a long time.

Has any one used one of these before? What do you think of them with the nylon tines?

I think it will be good for de-thatching small lawns with it only being 18" wide. Also the nylon tines would not damage pop up sprinkler heads as much as metal tines. I am looking forward to giving it a go on my Kikuyu lawn in spring. As I have already given the engine a service and fitted a new drive belt to the de-thatcher.

Attachments
kwikthatch1.jpg (134.13 KB, 23 downloads)
kwikthatch2.jpg (126.37 KB, 23 downloads)
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello beantin
Many thanks for this topic.

On domestic lawns, de-thatchers are little understood.
Yet they produce amazing results for the effort.

I think the nylon tines will be fine - given lawns generally only require once-a-season de-thatching.
This is not a professional machine - but a top-end domestic job.
Any advice welcome.

I think you have made an intelligent decision here.
Please keep us informed as to use and lawn results.

It is unclear who makes the Kwikthatch.

Cheers
---------------------
Jack

Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 30
Novice
G'day Jack,

I believe Kwikthatch was made by Kwik products, who make line trimmer heads and lines in the USA.
I also heard from mower agents that Briggs & Stratton brought the Kwikthatch into the NZ/AUS markets.
The tines are available from All Mower spares, which is good to know.

Mighty Mac make also make a de-thatcher to the same spec with the nylon tines. This is how I have found a relevant parts manual and operators manual for the machine.

I can't wait to use it in spring on my Kikuyu lawn.


Moderated by  Bruce, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia, Hendo
18,134 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,756
Posts106,805
Members18,134
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1