Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
4 members (Charlie Munns, aitchey, Red Rum, maxwestern), 1,861 guests, and 2,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 08:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 07:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 06:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#91427 13/05/18 07:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Novice
I've read a few suggestions as to how to level a Scotty after the rear roller has been re-installed.

I was thinking that since I have the reel removed I could sit the mower on a level surface (my shed floor) and use a height gauge at either end of the bottom blade to set the height before tightening the roller bearing nuts. Will that work?

Thanks for all the help provided via this forum.

Portal Box 6
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Quote
I was thinking that since I have the reel removed I could sit the mower on a level surface (my shed floor) and use a height gauge at either end of the bottom blade to set the height before tightening the roller bearing nuts. Will that work?
G'day CarinaBob
I suspect you very well know the theory here. smirk

Yes, the datum point is a level bottom blade....
[this is not adjustable]

The rear roller is then adjusted to parallel the bottom blade.

Your method is certainly one valid approach.

The last thing to adjust is the front roller - for parallelism.
This may require physical twisting of the front roller bracket ...

cheers
-------------------------
Jack

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Hi Bob & CyberJack,

I'm not really going to vary on this issue as I've written a comprehensive screed on how this is done.
In case you haven't seen this, here it is.

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...earing-housings-alignment.html#Post77975

Cheers,
BB.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,812
Members18,140
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1