Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4,870 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#65298 28/06/15 04:01 AM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 373
Likes: 5
Southern Cross Registrar
Oil Kit
This is a traveling salesman�s oil sample kit for Caltex
Most of the bottles still product in them
Anybody see anything like this and how old would it be
Ian
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Portal Box 6
IanOZ #65300 28/06/15 04:49 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 310
Likes: 1
Apprentice level 4
from the look of the case I could narrow it down to 1930/40s


Regards,
Paul

Such is life.......
Nothing better than a "GreenField" just mowed..
IanOZ #65368 30/06/15 09:35 AM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 373
Likes: 5
Southern Cross Registrar
The samply kit has been date from another site as 1947
Ian

IanOZ #65372 30/06/15 08:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,926
Likes: 11
Pushrod Honda preferrer
***
Each oil company has its own kit, with its own samples. I used to have my grandfather's old kit from his days in that business with Vacuum Oil. I would estimate that was in the 1920s. I threw it out as junk.

IanOZ #65410 02/07/15 06:38 AM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 373
Likes: 5
Southern Cross Registrar
I threw it out as junk.
I bet you wished you would of kept it now
The price some of these are going for WOW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAG..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4adedbfc10

Ian

IanOZ #65425 02/07/15 08:08 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,926
Likes: 11
Pushrod Honda preferrer
***
I've never kept stuff just in case it became valuable Ian. I never sell anything anyway, so it would just be more stuff to store. A very few things that were works of art in their way, rather than merely old and rare, have been stashed, simply on the principle that only a barbarian destroys works of art.

IanOZ #65429 02/07/15 11:35 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Poetry in motion Grumpy.
Beautifully said and straight to the point.
A work of art in itself.

-----------------------------------
JACK

IanOZ #65483 06/07/15 06:03 AM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 373
Likes: 5
Southern Cross Registrar
Not understanding the comment Grumpy
I did not keep this in case it might be worth something one day.
I came across it at a garage sale and through the net was surprised the value some of these are
So you don�t sell anything but if you don�t want it you dump it ??????????
Aren�t we all very lucky that people do keep items if not there would not be anything around for us to collect no museums no vintage cars, trucks, mowers and the list is endless and we would not have anything to show today�s generation of how things used to be done
If you never sell anything how did you collect what you have ??? WOW does that mean some silly person decide to save it to sell or pass on
Aren�t we lucky some people do want to sell and not dump
Ian

IanOZ #65484 06/07/15 06:12 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,926
Likes: 11
Pushrod Honda preferrer
***
I'm not critical of people who sell stuff Ian, it just isn't for me. Neither is collecting. I essentially have stuff that I use, or think I may use. From time to time I take a more beady-eyed look at what I have and throw out a bunch more stuff.

As for where it came from, some I inherited and some I traded for in a run-down condition, and repaired for my own use. I once co-inherited rather a lot of stuff, along with my brother. Some of it qualified as works of art, and we spent our weekends for 18 months getting it into shape so it could go to auction. The rest we took to the tip, one 6x4 trailer load at the end of each day's work. Many tons of stuff went that way. I welded the A-bar back on that little trailer twice, adding further reinforcements each time, and replaced a collapsed-and-welded-to-itself wheel bearing once. Along the way I resolved not to leave a job like that to my heirs when I turn up my toes.


Moderated by  Bruce, Deejay 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1