Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4,929 guests, and 1,523 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
Novice
Members of the forum,
As a new member I am interested in opinions on a chainsaw that I have inherited from my late grandfather. It is my understanding that the chainsaw is one of the first single manned chainsaws introduced into Australia. I have attached pictures of the chainsaw and the original manuals that are in German (I believe) as well as the translated one in English.

I am looking to have the chainsaw cleaned up and restored cosmetically (and mechanically if possible) and am looking for advice on how to do this, or where I can take the chainsaw in order for this to occur. I am located on the North Coast of NSW. I must make it clear that I have no intention of selling the chainsaw, however if someone can inform me as to it's possible financial worth that would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks very much for your help and assistance.

Brett
0409318838

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Portal Box 6
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 585
Likes: 9
Qualified Senior
there is a guy here in north Brisbane who specializes in restoring any old machinery. he often puts advertisements on gumtree so keep looking out for his adds. that's as much as i can help . its a very nice looking piece of gear though.i wish you luck with it.


If my collection is complete ( then how come i keep buying stuff ? ) 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 693
Qualified Senior
Is that a motor cycle style twist throttle sticking out the back? If it is I imagine it would have taken some getting used to, trying to maintain revs and control of the saw at the same time.

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
Novice
Thanks Gizmo for your help. I will keep an eye on Gumtree.


Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Fleshtuxcedo, bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona
18,147 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,148
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1